Maximize your resources with Motorola’s APX 8000 All-Band portable radio. This 2-way portable offers an advantage unlike any other: It delivers four radio bands and multiple system capabilities in one compact, ergonomic design!
Offering interoperability and multi-mode system access for first responders in mission-critical operations, the APX 8000 can communicate with all major LMR bands (VHF, UHF R1, UHF R2, and 700/800 MHz) and the most widely-used RF systems (Digital P25 Phase I/II Conventional, Digital P25 Phase I/II Trunking, Legacy SmartNet/SmartZone Trunking; Clear or Secure; Analog Conventional; Analog MDC-1200 and QCII).
In addition to allowing communication across different radio systems, the APX 8000’s durability, multiple encryption capabilities, Adaptive Audio technology, and enhanced voice and data output make it an optimal choice for Public Safety personnel.
Adaptive Audio Technology and Over-The-Air Features
The APX 8000 offers Adaptive Audio technology to provide the loudest and clearest audio combined with the most aggressive noise-canceling technology in the business. It combines a Digital Signal Processor (DSP), Windporting technology, custom high-power loudspeakers, precise acoustic microphones, and an AMBE+2 vocoder to deliver excellent sound clarity and background noise cancellation.
Other benefits include voice and data integration with Wi-Fi, over-the-air software updates (OTAP and OTAR), GPS Tracking, multiple encryption algorithms, and Mission Critical Wireless Bluetooth.
Tough, Lightweight and Feature-Rich
The tough APX 8000 is lightweight (weighing just over 11 ounces); is compact (with a flexible antenna that won’t get in the way); has a built-in emergency button, a large PTT, an angled on/off volume control, a full color display option, and a full keypad option. A durable choice for all weather environments (from extreme heat to extreme cold), it is designed with a water-tight seal (IP57 standard), drop-resistant dual battery latch, pressure-tested tempered glass display that can take a beating, and a shock-proof aluminum alloy endoskeleton. The optional Delta-T IP67 rated housing allows the APX 8000 to survive submersion in 2 meters of water for up to 2 hours.
With 4 RF bands and multi-mode system access, the APX 8000 knows no limits when it comes to interoperability. Whether it’s loud or windy, whether you whisper or yell, the Adaptive Audio Engine and ultra-loud speaker bring clarity into every conversation. With Wi-Fi access, the APX 8000 can quickly receive new codeplugs, firmware, and software features in order to redeploy the radio fleet with ease as users keep talking without interruption. Intuitively designed with a familiar look and feel, the compact APX 8000 is always comfortable to use – from your grip to your holster.
- RF bands:
- VHF (136-174 MHz)
- UHF Range 1 (380-470 MHz)
- UHF Range 2 (450-520 MHz)
- 700/800 (764-776, 794-806, 806-824, 851-870 MHz)
- Operation modes:
- 9600 Baud Digital APCO P25 Phase 1 FDMA and Phase 2 TDMA Trunking
- 3600 Baud SmartNet®, SmartZone®, Omnilink Trunking
- Digital APCO 25 Conventional, Analog MDC 1200, Quick Call II System Configurations
- Narrow and wide bandwidth digital receiver (6.25 kHz equivalent/25/20/12.5 KHz)
- Available in 3 models (1.5, 2.5, 3.5 – See pictures below)
- Integrated GPS capable
- Radio Packet Data (Integrated Voice & Data)
- User programmable Voice Announcement
- ISSI 8000 Roaming
- Radio Profiles, Dynamic Zone
- Intelligent Lighting
- Single-key ADP Encryption
- Encryption type Alogorithms: ADP, AES, DES, DES-XL, DES-OFB, DVP-XL
- Meets IP57 standard (submersible 1 meter, 30 minutes)
- Meets Applicable MIL-STD-810C, D, E, F and G
- IMPRES Li-Ion Battery
- Adaptive Audio Engine:
- 1 W audio speaker with Adaptive Equalization
- Adaptive Dual-sided Operation
- Adaptive Noise Suppression Intensity
- Adaptive Gain Control
- Adaptive Windporting
- Utilizes Windows 7 & 8 Customer Programming Software (CPS) with Radio Management
Model 1.5 Top Display: Full Bitmap Monochromatic LCD Display, 1 Line Text/ 8 Characters, 1 Line of Icons, No Menu Support, Multi-Color Backlight, 1200 Channel Capacity.
Model 2.5 Dual Display: Top Display Plus Full Bitmap Color LCD Display, 4 Lines Text/14 Characters, 2 Lines of Icons, 1 Menu Line, 3 Menus, White Backlight. Keypad: Backlit, 3 Soft Keys, 4-Direction Navigation Key, Home and Data Buttons, 3000 Channel Capacity.
Model 3.5 Dual Display: Top Display Plus Full Bitmap Color LCD Display, 4 Lines Text/14 Characters, 2 Lines of Icons 1 Menu Line, 3 Menus. White Backlight. Keypad: Backlit, 3 Soft Keys, 4-Direction Navigation Key, Full 4×3 Keypad, Home and Data Buttons, 3000 Channel Capacity.
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- GPS for Outdoor Location Tracking
- RFID Volume Knob
- Multi-key for 128 keys and multi-algorithm
- Programming Over Project 25 (OTAP)
- Over the Air Rekey (OTAR)
- Digital Tone Signaling
- LEX L10 Collaboration
- P25 Authentication
- Man Down Sensor
- Delta-T submersible housing (2 meters, 2 hours)